A morning kitchen fire caused an estimated $10,000 in damages at a home Wednesday.

Watertown Fire Chief Kraig Biefeld said his department received the fire call at 9:36 a.m. and arrived at 211 S. Warren St. just two minutes following the page.

“We had a quick knockdown of the fire,” Biefeld said.

He said the fire started near the stove and was contained to the kitchen, but there is smoke damage throughout the residence.

Biefeld said the cause was likely attributed to a plastic container coming in close contact with a heat source.

He said five people were displaced from the home and Red Cross was called to help them.

Biefeld said his firefighters were joined on the scene by Clyman, Johnson Creek, Lebanon and Ixonia fire departments. Hustisford and Western Lakes Fire District staffed the Watertown Fire Department.

He said there were no injuries to any of the firefighters, but one resident needed treatment by Watertown EMS, but was not transported to the Watertown Regional Medical Center for further medical attention.

The owners of the home are Phillip and Rebecca Ewer, according to Jefferson County land parcel records.

Recommended for you

Load comments